(BILOXI, MS – June 27, 2013) CMS has released the first draft of the OASIS-C 1 form, which accommodates the new seven-digit ICD-10 codes and a few other revisions. The new draft clarifies language on 44 items and contains 110 OASIS items, unlike the current 114-item OASIS form. Several items have also been eliminated in the new draft.
- M1012 (Inpatient procedures). The item would be deleted at SOC and ROC.
- M1310, M1312 and M1314, which report the length, width and depth of the largest pressure ulcer. The items would be deleted at SOC, ROC and discharge.
- M1350 (Skin lesion or open wound). The item would be deleted at discharge.
- M1410 (Respiratory treatments). The item would be deleted at discharge.
- M2110 (Frequency of ADL/IADL assistance). The item would be deleted at discharge.
- M2440 (Reason[s] for nursing home admission). The item would be deleted at all time points.
CMS anticipates the new OASIS instrument will take effect on Oct. 1, 2014, along with the use of the new ICD-10 codes.
There is still time for the public to share opinions regarding the new OASIS draft with CMS. Final comments are due to CMS by Aug. 20, 2013. Click here for a copy of the draft.